LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Working on the chain gang

Buffy, I know you're a fan of steeking, but I never have, so it's always a scarry thought to me. And although I hear jungle rumors that intarsia can be done in the round, I'll believe it only when I see it. (But I can imagine a four-foot-wide lazy susan with all the yarns in the middle and knitting round and round while turning the table. Now that would be fun!)

You can imagine the complex juggling trick knitting a flat piece requires. After thinking about knitting back and forth on a five-foot piece of fabric with eight squares times four yarn ends per square, times each yarn end made up of two or three different yarns--I need a calculator to go on.  So knitting the front and back together is out. I'll follow KF's directions to knit from the back edge up and over the shoulders and down to the front edges.

The unwieldiness of the Jug Coat is quiet apparent. It might never leave home until it can be worn out the door. I used to think that this was my "bucket project," but now I see that the bucket has changed to a tub, and the tubful of coat and I will be chained to the house until done, done, done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share