LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Monday, May 24, 2010

Two Romeo & Juliet panels completed!

LuLu, you can lift a glass to toast the completion of the first two panels of the "beautiful long red coat," as it's known on the Kaffe Fassett forum at Ravelry.com. Right Front and Left Back are completed and on their stitch holders.

I pinned them together for this photo, just to see the effect. But in the coat, they won't touch one another.



I've decided: I'm going to knit a sleeve next, just for variety. I think I can knit it in the round; you know how I hate to purl. The downside is that I'll be able to knit only one sleeve at a time. But I honestly don't think I can fit both of those enormous sleeves on one circular needle, even if I don't use the full complement of stitches.

I haven't cast on yet, so I'll accept advice. Two sleeves flat, knitted simultaneously so they come out exactly the same? Or one sleeve round and round, knitting forever?

WAIT: I forgot! Those ridges on the sleeves are achieved with a mixture of knit rows and purl rows -- and the sequence is totally Kaffe's. If I knit in the round, I'll have to reverse the directions half the time, and I'll get hopelessly confused. What a pain. Phooey. Well, that decides it: flat they're going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share