LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Friday, May 14, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

Buffy, cool car art!  I found that if I click on your pictures, they will enlarge to fill the whole computer screen. I took a good look at the "girls" inside the Excessories Oddyssey car. Wow. And look at all that lipstsick and nail polish on the dashboard. And I loved the paper dolls with their cut out clothes on the front hood. Now I'm looking for my glue gun....

I see from your Ravelry notebook that you are making good progress on your coat. Take a break and go to the "Letters to Juliet" movie that opens today. Don't you just love a Romeo & Juliet story?

Here's the colorway for the background of the first patch.



The blue ball of 3-strand paternayan persion wool in the center of the circle will be the patch ground and determine it's  colorway. The ball is wound with 2 near shades of blue. The outside ring will be spiced into a magic ball of 2 strands of persion yarn, and add sparkle and the color kick. The wee bird's nest of SuiBui Silk Cloud will add luster and lightness. It will be used in all blue patches to unit them together throughout the coat.

 And I couldn't help myself. I overdyed the kid mohair/silk nest with a bit of Wilson's royal blue and burgundy dye to move it from the green to the blue side of the color wheel. Now all the mohair is mottled with blue, and so lovely. I'll buy the ivory Silk Cloud at WEBS on Saturday (WEBS big tent sale, but not for this yarn).

So Sunday I'll cast on and begin -- again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share