LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Turn, turn, turn

Buffy, as your red Juliet grows longer, you could knit from the left side of the couch, and then when you change rows, switch your seat to the right side of the couch without turning the yarn or the coat on the needles.


You have given me an idea. As my one piece coat grows, I can leave it in the tub. I'll put a second chair on the opposite side and just switch seats at the end of each row instead of trying to turn over the coat.  Maybe I could just put the tub on a wee lazy susan and turn, turn, turn. That would work.


UPDATE:  Or maybe not. Here's a quote from a PM that I just received from Ravelry friend Chris4252 who is knitting KF's Long Leaf Coat:  


I have tried changing my sitting position on my sofa where I am set up and I just didn’t feel right sitting the other way round!!! Plus I had to move my set-up with my graph/pattern and it all got too annoying. I have also tried moving from my sofa to a chair for the return row and didn’t get on with that either - what a fuss-pot I must be - hope you have better luck with the moves. I continue to check and detangle each ice-cream box pair of yarns after each colour change across the row - there is one move needed per colour change - but I am reconciled to each row taking a long time.

She also said, "Amazing colours in Buffy's coat!" I concur!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share