LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Monday, May 10, 2010

Frogging...

LuLu, you are quite amazing. You had so much planning to do -- but now your fun begins.

Where was my brain when I suggested knitting in the round? Intarsia in the round is next to impossible. I did read recently how some ethnic knitters have done intarsia in socks: they knit across the motif with color #1, knitting the pattern stitches and slipping the others, then slip all the stitches back to the original needle and knit the remaining stitches of the motif with color #2, and slipping the color #1 stitches. I can just imagine you, chained to your tubful of coat, knitting and slipping across each jug twice and cursing the day you listened to my bean-brained ideas...

And speaking of, or asking, where was my brain...I discovered I'd done some decreasing on the edge that's supposed to be straight... Sigh. Had to frog down to the green/bronze. But I'm back to where I was, and all is now proceeding a-pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share