LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Monday, August 2, 2010

Kaffe's coming to town!

LuLu, do you remember my fantasy, back when this project was still a gleam in our eyes, that I met Kaffe Fassett and he autographed my coat? Well, guess what! In October he's coming to the Pacific Northwest! And (oh dear--right before the October 15 tax deadline, how awful is that?) he'll be only a ferry-ride away!

No more lolly-gagging--I've got work to do! Finish up those tax returns and GET KNITTING!

I've started the bodice. Isn't it gorgeous? I knew this would be the best part.

It's quite a mess on the back, as you can see. I'm using about half butterflies and half just letting the yarn dangle. Kaffe's instructions say to carry the navy background across, but I'm also carrying the turquoise since it's recurring constantly.


Do you think he'll sign it? What if he thinks his signature is worth too much? Maybe he doesn't sign what he doesn't knit himself. Why, oh why. did I shorten the pattern? What kind of contract could you write for me, LuLu, that would appeal to him, entice him to autograph my coat? That neither I nor my/our heirs will sell this signed wonder for at least XX years? Could I offer to pay him a royalty if I ever sell?
Wait--what am I saying? I'm never, ever going to sell this coat! Knit on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share