LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Completed R&J sleeve

LuLu, while you were taking care of our shared kids and grandboy, I was taking care of grumpy clients ("Haven't you finished my tax return YET???") ...and doing some knitting for therapy. Here's the completed #1 leg o' mutton sleeve! This photo shows the full breadth of the sleeve compared to the very, very tight cuff. (And remember, I made it only 2/3 of Kaffe's specifications, 120 stitches rather than 180!) You can also see that the final row, at the shoulder, consisted of serious decreases -- which will help accentuate the PUFF of the sleeve!


Maybe that photo says it all, but here I folded some of the sleeve back so I could get more in the picture and show all the glorious colors, peeking out between the raised bands.

2 comments:

  1. There's that gorgeous sleeve again! I can't wait to compare the 120 stitch sleeve to the 180 stitch sleeve. I think yours should be MUCH more wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this may surprise you, Kris, but I'm seriously considering trying the second sleeve at 180 stitches and then comparing the effect of each. Here's why: the 120 sleeve seems to just sit there as one big solid balloon on my arm, with perhaps one or two half-hearted inward folds. Not unlike the first photo above. I went ahead and steamed/blocked it, so the between-stripe colors are much more visible and it's flatter from shoulder to wrist. But it didn't change the way it lay around my arm. Whereas the 180 sleeve will have multiple undulations (judging from the photo in the book), making it much more interesting. And quite possibly no larger around, in the end, simply because of the undulations. I hope that made sense. It should be interesting, to say the least! Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

 
Share