LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kaffe coat spotted in airport

Buffy, did you hear the one about the Jet Blue flight attendant who blew his cool, barked at a passenger, grabbed a beer or two, and exited the plane via the escape chute? It's all over the news today.

It reminds me of the "airport" stories I've heard about Kaffe sweaters. There's the one about the person wearing a Foolish Virgins sweater flying from Boston to London. When he asked to be upgraded to first class, he was told that that could not be done "but I will upgrade that sweater to first class!"

And best is the story about Raveler KayTheArky's Kaffe dotted diamond jacket:


I don’t even have the sweater any more! In the middle 90s while I was waiting to change planes in the St Louis airport, a total stranger asked where I got it because his wife would love it. I explained it was an original one-of-a-kind. Would I make another for her? Well, no, I didn’t think I could duplicate it. He came back a few minutes later and asked if he could buy the one I was wearing, and how much? So I asked an amount so big he would leave me alone -- $850 -- and he said OK and went to the money exchange desk and got cash “because you would never take a check from a stranger.”
Well, I was kind of stunned! A few minutes after that he came back again and said “I left you without a jacket!” and gave me a St. Louis sweatshirt from the gift shop! 
Give that jacket a big red heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share