LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kaffe Blue & White Chinese Jug Coat update

Buffy, here's an update on my Kaffe Blue & White Jug Coat:  I'm starting over.



I've learned so much from the Kaffe Long Leaf Coat. So I am going back to the "really big" original pattern size of the Jug Coat and no longer deleting some of the squares (well, rectangles.) And I'm going to put it back on circular needles and knit it all in one big piece, or perhaps separate the fronts from the back, then put those together and add the sleeves. And I will use a bit smaller needle and lighten the strands of yarn for the new guage, much like the Long Leaf Coat.

It didn't help when my dear daughter said that I would look like I was wearing a quilt, but I've gotten over that! I love this Kaffe Jug Coat, and I would wear it proudly anywhere. She, however, just might not inherit this one....  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. So.....exactly how many things are toy knitting at once? I am proud to say I only have 2 other projects; a chemo hat for a friend and a preppy sweater which doesn't look anythong like something I would wear and thus has been languishing for 15 years. But I know where it is.

    ReplyDelete

 
Share