LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Romeo & Juliet Coat milestone!

LuLu, this is a very exciting day! I've FINISHED THE BACK BODICE. (Drum roll, please):


(Now that you've admired it, would you like to know all the...let's not call them "errors," let's call them "mods"? [modifications, in Ravelry-speak]

1. Part way up, I discovered I was knitting on size 9 needles, rather than the size 10 needles I used on the skirt panels and sleeves. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

2. No problem: the width is just about right for my shoulders, so I'll continue on.

3. Ah -- but the smaller needles have caused the design to squish a bit. The bottom of the circle isn't quite as charmingly round as the pattern. Oh well, in the photo in Glorious Color, the circles are a bit ovoid so I'm not turning back. But I CAN make the top a little more round. So here's the confession: I added about three rows in the top third of the big circles -- and of course, had to improvise with the little side circles.

4. I think, with a little imaginative use of duplicate stitch, I can also round up the bottoms of the big circles.

Now be honest, if I hadn't told you, would you EVER have noticed?

Just for fun, I photographed the bodice with one of the skirt panels. Ignore the stitch holders and blue waste yarn at the bottom of the bodice.



I've cast on for the last two panels, only 79 stitches each, this time. (See my last post and earlier photos about the tapering panels.) Off we go!
Hugs, Buffy

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I've been talking to LuLu about our Long Leaf coats, and I've been admiring yours, so I just thought I'd tell you that! Very beautiful and looks like fun to knit. Stef in CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Stef. Don't worry, I'm vicariously enjoying your LL Coat as well as LuLu's, while I have the luxury or boredom of knitting stripes. Actually, it isn't boring because each 2-3 rows, it's an all-new color and texture combination. Most of the time, I'm knitting with 3 strands of different colors, which makes for amazing variation. Knit on! Buffy

    ReplyDelete

 
Share