LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Monday, August 23, 2010

Kaffe's colors rock!

Hi LuLu, I'm back to stripes and loving it. Of course, after the intarsia of the bodice, this is nearly mindless knitting. But the texture (mohair added here and there) and the colors are quite lovely.


For some reason, the stripes this time seem much prettier. (Remember that the right-front and left-back are knitted in the stripe sequence given in the pattern. Then the left-front and right-back, which I'm knitting now, reverse the order of the stripes.) I think it's because I haven't yet come to the only color combination I really dislike, an olive green with red, that occurred early on, coming from the other direction.

Since I have to eliminate a certain number of rows to get the correct length, guess which stripes will get short shrift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share