LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Friends with iPhones

Buffy, I wish I could be there to see you at your Kaffe Fassett Romeo & Juliet Coat World Premiere Wednesday night. All eyes will be on you, and lots of phone cameras, too.


If 20 pictures of Natalie Portman exiting the subway in New York City can be posted as a group on the net (with the most amazing white scarf that Ravelers are trying to reengineer), then we deserve to have even more pictures of you and your coat at the opera.

Handy technique that you used for your band: It's easy to forget that it is the working needle that determines the stitch size. I have used that technique with my interchangeable circulars when I could only find one of a pair of tips. I would just use a tip one size smaller on the other, nonworking end.

Being a mathematician, you have no doubt heard of the "double occurrence" phenomenon. You would think that the New Jersey woman who won the million dollar lottery in the 1980s would not win again, but she did, the very next week or two. The double occurrence happens with greater frequency that you would think. I thought of that yesterday when my old dalmatain dog again chewed a Long Leaf Coat color key card within an hour of it's completion.



So I've put the newest cards into a plastic sleeve. With a nod to Conan O'Brien,  the event will not occur thrice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share