LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kaffe's Long Leaf Coat Mashup

Buffy, a little of this and a little of that makes for a most colorful coat. The other Long Leaf Coats on Ravelry have been inspirational, and each is unique. Some have subtle color changes; others are the opposite. Just like the color changes in nature's trees, some color changes can be jarring, some restful. Most take your breath away.

I like to think of my Long Leaf Coat as a mashup of colors. There are 34 unique yarns in the pattern, and I've added several more. The yarns are used in combinations of two at a time, and sometimes I have combined three colors and textures of yarn together to make this coat uniquely mine.



I've noticed that some knitters have not liked some of the color changes that have occurred in their coats. One bought new yarns and began again. One is thinking of frogging to start over.



I like what's happening with my Long Leaf Coat. Every time I think that a new color combination next to the last one is off, it tends to work once an even newer combination is added next to it. Somehow it all works out -- for me and my tastes. But as the saying goes, your milage may vary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share