LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Opera night "Coming Out" for Romeo & Juliet!

Hi LuLu,
The next deadline is fast approaching: ONLY FOUR DAYS till my opera night at "The Barber of Seville," and the long red coat's FORMAL DEBUT! The weather forecast calls for a low of 34F (+1C), so I'll be able to make it to the door of the opera house without fainting.

The sleeves are completed and blocked (just need to be sewn in).

The hem is turned and slip-stitched in place.

As called for in the pattern , I've picked up stitches all around the opening using all three of my #9 (US) circular needles: up the front edge, around the neck, and back down the other side. I haven't counted the stitches...maybe 200?


Of course, I also need a #9 to knit the stitches OFF, so at the beginning of each row, I slip the last set of stitches onto a #8, freeing up a #9 to knit the row. Three rows of stockinette, then two consecutive knitted rows (to make a ridge for a hem), then 8 rows more of SS and bind off.

Woohoo -- nearly done! Buffy


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share