LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Those really, really big sleeves


LuLu, I'm seriously considering knitting the second sleeve with the full 180-stitch circumference (as called for in Kaffe's pattern) and then comparing the effect to the sleeve I've already knitted (with only 120 stitches around). Here's why: the 120-stitch sleeve (above) seems to just sit there as one big solid balloon on my arm, with perhaps one or two half-hearted inward folds. I've lightly steamed/blocked it, so the between-stripe colors are more visible and it's flatter from shoulder to wrist. But that didn't change the way it lay around my arm. I'm thinking that the 180-stitch sleeve might have multiple undulations (judging from the photo in the book), making it more interesting. And quite possibly no larger around, in the end, simply because of the undulations.
At least that's today's thought...

2 comments:

  1. Well, whatever the thought, it sure it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are gorgeous as they are but the comparison will be good.

    ReplyDelete

 
Share