LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ta-Da! (Sneak Preview)

Another drumroll, please, LuLu.
Just for fun, I laid out the finished pieces on the deck so we could get a preview of the final effect. All the skirt panels are now complete, and I'm about half-way up the two front bodice pieces. Gotta pick up the pace here, because Kaffe Fassett comes to Vashon Island on October 9 -- only 24 days to go! My present plan is to have the bodice and skirt panels sewn together. Then I hope to have the two sleeves, one at 120 stitches and one at 180, pinned in place.

(I'd be a whole lot further along if it weren't for two very serious tax deadlines on September 15 and October 15. Why, oh why, did he choose to come to my part of the world right before the very worst, drop-dead tax deadline of the year? You thought it was April 15, but we can get 6-month extensions in April. No more extensions now; this is IT.)

I'll be in the presence of a whole roomful of Kaffe Fassett admirers, and I should get lots of helpful comments about the sleeve decision. But I suspect such a group would tend to vote for the 180-stitch sleeve that's true to the original, rather than what looks flattering, don't you think? I mean, if we KF followers wanted clothes that were ordinary or made us look slender, we certainly wouldn't be doing THIS!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh Love(1000+). Gorgeous when you put it all together like that!! I love the sleeve as it is but I will probably love the 180 st one as well! (dmrknit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Buffy, that is spectacular! I can't wait to see you model it. I also can't believe the SPEED at which you are knitting this. It would take a less than super-human person a decade to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete

 
Share