LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When coffee was a dime

Buffy, you're no doubt correct about the amount of light used for the Juliet Coat book photograph. I've noticed how difficult it is to get the same color results when taking pictures at different times of day in natural light. I bought some grape-colored yarn and only once saw it's true color when I put it into direct sunlight but I could never get my camera to "see" that same grape color.  And color next to color can change the look of each.

I'm sure that adding greys to the Jug Coat will help blend the colors and make the coat warm to skin tones. We'll both look terrific in our coats in any light!

By the way, I've discovered another "almost" Jug Coat by closely reading a post on the Ravelry site.  Raveler NaLM near Haarlem, Netherlands referred to a "pots and kettles blanket" that she made many years ago. I PMed her and asked if she was referring to the blue-and-white-china "pots and kettles" of the Jug Coat. She was! And she has just now posted that project on Ravelry:  NaLM's pots and kettles blanket.  (She also mentions that the yarn for the blanket cost her only a dime...) I'm still searching. Someday a Jug Coat is going to show up, probably on Ravelry. There must be a dozen around, maybe in England, because it's soooo good looking.

The Juliet Coat might be Kaffe Fassett's most popular — although none is listed on Ravelry yet. Maybe we can smoke some out of hiding!

1 comment:

  1. My pleasure Lulu... ;-)

    Nathalie, near Haarlem

    ReplyDelete

 
Share