LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

LULU'S LONG LEAF COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

BUFFY'S RED, RED ROMEO & JULIET COAT

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

When news is not news.

Buffy, I drove to the midwest for a few days to visit my sis. There's news. She does not have ovarian cancer; instead she has cancer of the appendix, a very rare cancer. There are less than 1000 new cases a year, as compared to colon cancer, which is diagnosed about 165,000 times. That leaves it an "orphan" cancer, and treatment centers and specialized oncologists are few--and yes, far between. Appendix cancer comes in five flavors, and it is not yet clear to her which kind she has or what the treatment will be. Although the prognosis is terrible, the numbers are so small that the charts may be skewed to the downside since newer treatments might be giving better results.

 So I will be traveling frequently this summer since she will need help with transportation to perhaps Omaha, Chicago or Indianapolis. I will knit along on the coat patches while I am at home, and take a different project with me when I travel.

I love, love, love the colors of your Juliet. What changes did you make to the stripe pattern to shorten your coat? Are you changing the sleeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share